NaviGPS BT Review
NaviGPS BT Review
THe device is also called: NaviGPS Amarillo BGT-11
Features needed for OSM:
- SD Card slot is protected against dust and water.
- 2GB SD Cards are recognized
- Saves in raw nmea format. You can choose
NMEA Tags and intervall.
Intervalls: off,1,5,10,30,60,120,240 sec.
Valid NMEA Tags are:
- GGA: lat,lon,2D-/3D-fix,#sats,hdop,alt,
- GLL: time,lat,lon
- GSA: id(sat1..12),pdop,hdop,vdop,
- GSV: sat in view,SNR(sat), az(sat),ele(sat)
- RMC: time,date,lat,lon,speed,
- VTG: speed knots, speed Km/h
- ZDA: time, date, localtime, local timezone
- easy to charge; usb plug,
12V adapter and 110/220V adapter included
- Auto power mode.
Switches on if 12V Car Power is on. Switches off as
soon as you turn off your car.
Features nice for OSM:
- Saving and naming of Waypoints. (But not on SD-Card)
- In Bluetooth mode you can log and use it for navigation the
same time. I managed to get it connected to a mac with
bluetooth and to a Celular Phone with Bluetooth.
Could be better
- Only SD-Cards with 2.8 Volts are supported. SD-Cards
wich only work with 3V or 3.3V will produce random errors. Maybe
it helps using SD-Cards from SanDisk.
- No external Antenna
- GPS signal strength is not overwhelming
- Reception Bar diagramm shows only 0..40
- In the reception-bar-Display you cannot see wether
you have a lock or not
- SD Card needs to be formatted with FAT16 without
partitioning. Some cards seem to be recognized if
partitioned and then Formatted.
Would have been nice to have
- 4GB SD Cards are not recognized
- Can be used vie USB like a normal USB-GSP-Mouse
- Can be used as normal Bluetooth-GPS-Bluetooth (BT Version only)
- Saves to a SD Karte (Max 2GB a 40,- Euro) this results in 1
Month of Tracks.
- Builtin LiIo-Akku for 10-32 hours of operation
- The LCD Display shows things like Speed, lat/lon, Height, ... Min,Max
- Some more to play:
- Alarm for narrowing, max speed, max height, ...
- track backward
- Was natürlich NICHT geht: Landkarten direkt
ins Gerät laden, direkt Track Anzeige, ...
- without Bluetooth: £64.99 (65 Britisches Pfund ~ 94 Euro)
- with Bluetooth: £76.38 (77 Britisches Pfund ~ 112 Euro)
- Versand wird sowas um die 15,-
So I got a set of these for use with OSM.
A set of NaviGPS for germany users to borrow: